Wednesday 8 December 2010

Ha ha ha




I've been intensively studying various forms comedy for the last half year or so, and I've found some hilarious stuff. One of my favorite comedians is Paul F. Tompkins. I highly recommend his monthly podcast. One thing that separates Tompkins from a lot of other funny comedians is that he strays away from toilet humor and foul language. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with a good fart joke, but avoiding these sorts of things forces one to focus on truly creative jokes, rather than relying on the old standby of shock humor. One of my favorite parts of the show is the recurring characters that interact with each other.  For example you can hear "Ice-T" and "Macho Man Randy Savage" rambling on about their motorcycle road trip in Mexico - good stuff.  Anyway, check out the Paul F. Tompkast at http://pft.libsyn.com/

1 comment:

Geoffrey Welchman said...

I agree Paul F is funny. Perhaps you'd like to check out my comedy podcast: The Inverse Delirium. Proudly produced in Baltimore, it's a gentle spoof of public radio.