Thursday 23 July 2009

DJ Quik & Kurupt - 9x's Outta 10

Prepare to listen to a slice of hip hop newness - Its fresh for real nigguh! (Can I write that black, is that allowed?) 1st single off the new DJ Quik & Kurupt record BlaQKout sounds NEW, real new. Who knew? How new... I mean how can it sound so new? Well, it captures that ellusive elixr of the here an now. Like listening to A Millie for the first time. Or when Timbaland had Timberlakes ear. 9x's Outta 10 stripped down truncated stomp of a beat is akin to Grindin, even Korupts flow resonates in that same Clipse vein. Dam I'm liking this. The cut up vocal teasing throughout, simple and lush! This is the best hip hop track I've heard in a long time. Just decided. I'm the first to put my hands up and say that I'm no Hip Hop geek. My knowledge is fleeting, I know these guys have been around, but does any of their other stuff sound like this? I need to get the album BlaQKout pronto.








DJ Quik & Kurupt - 9x's Outta 10.mp3

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Feeling This! All Over!
David Marvin Blake and Ricardo Emmanuel Brown are seriously bringing something f-ff-f-Fresh to the West. No doubt my favourite hip hop album of the year (and in basing that on the 4 tracks I have heard so far!).
Check out "Ohh!" -Love

Whitney said...

Jupiters Critic & The Mind of Mars!!!!