Sunday 23 March 2008

Rustie and Hudson Mohawke

I went out last night, and the warm up DJ's dropped a track by eDit, followed by Flying Lotus, and then some Lazer Sword for good measure. I was in turbo-crunk heaven and this wasn’t even LA. London had finally caught on.. credit where credit's due, they've been feeling this up north for ages! The Lucky Me crew were in town, hosting a night in a club called The Gramophone to be precise. Taking centre stage were baby-faced Rustie and Hudson Mohawke, two Glaswegian beat-freaks that have been playing glitched-out electro Hip Hop to overawed ravers up north for quite some time. Although how long I can’t be sure as they looked about sixteen. The night was in aid of Hudson Mohawke's recent signing to Warp and the release of his single Ooops, a re-edit of Tweet's track of the same name. My-oh-my did they put on a show, everyone was going berserk for there bass heavy mashups of hip hop and electronics. It was sick, believe me.
I’ve got a mix from you, hi-jacked from the Dazed and Confused site, and you can listen to Hudson Mohawke's single below as well. I feel a Man Bites Blog Podcast Turbo Crunk SPECIAL brewing, watch out for that one.


Rustie and Hudmo – 4am Drunk Mix.mp3







Hudson Mohawke – Ooops.mp3







Hudson Mohawke – Luckyme & Numbers NYe skiffle Mix.m3
Sorry DL Only!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah heav n that, but don't u think that the orignal tweet tune is heavier, its got way more bounce!

Nico said...

True.. The original Timbaland beat is big. I like the remix too though, needs to be played LOUD to really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

hudmo is so stupidly good
i need a giant speaker-laced jeep to truly enjoy their music, but i have none
despite this, hudmo is still stupidly good