Thursday 29 May 2008

One day i went to Lidl

Its mad how much my musical taste has changed of late. I'm finding myself really liking the grimier things in life. For example I heard Junior Spesh by Red Hot Entertainment on Rinse today and was like ''this is fucking bad boy, I need this!'' 15 minutes later when the McShakes started to kick in. I quickly youtubed it to get my 2nd fix. ''Mayonnaise is 20 pence more'' come on thats the kinda lyric I demand in a chorus! It almost floored me when I realised that I'd seen the video a year ago, maybe even longer on Channel U. Back then I was skipping through the music channels with some pals, we were in hysterics when saw this ode to the £1.50 Junior Special. I could'nt stand it, we ripped the shit out of it and flicked over. Things change, I hope you like it as much as I do now.

Red Hot Entertainment - Junior Spesh

...While I'm on the topic of food related grime. You need to hear Lidl by Afrikan Boy, you may recognize him, he was on M.I.A's Hussel. This time round he's singing about our fav Euro supermarket. For those that don't know what Lidl is, its like the bastard love-child of
food shops. Believe me its more depressing than a council estate, and probably just as ghetto. But there pickled gherkins are the shit! Sign up here for the weekly Lidl newsletter here Braaap!

Afrikan Boy - Lildl

No comments: